Going To The Stadium Questions

Looking To Go To The Gimnasia La Plata Game In May…how Do I Get Tickets? Day Of Game? How Early Do I Get To Stadium? I Want To Bring A Flag And Hang It… How Much Is La Popular Tickets? Is It Safe For Me And Girlfriend? How Do I Get To The Stadium From El Centro De Bs.as? Taxi? Bus? Train? Guys I Need Ur Help…

So I Can Hang Up My Flag…brooklyn Nyc Presente

Looking To Go To The Gimnasia La Plata Game In May…how Do I Get Tickets? Day Of Game? How Early Do I Get To Stadium? I Want To Bring A Flag And Hang It… How Much Is La Popular Tickets? Is It Safe For Me And Girlfriend? How Do I Get To The Stadium From El Centro De Bs.as? Taxi? Bus? Train? Guys I Need Ur Help…

So I Can Hang Up My Flag…brooklyn Nyc Presente

It would awesome a foreing flag in the monumental

1-Buying them in the stadium 2 days before the match
2-May 11 th …My b-day :smiley:
3-1hour or maybe an hour and a half before…if you wanna hang a flag u should arrive +2 hours earlier because you have to “book” your place…
4-good 4 u :slight_smile:
5-about 9 u$s
6-yes it is… but u have to try not to be like the typical japanese(?):stuck_out_tongue: tourist with the camera and all the staff calling the attention of everybody
7- Down town it’s big u have several ways 2 get to the stadium
•taxi: more or less 10/12 dolars
•bus: °29: 1$ peso (x2)
•130: 1$ peso (x2)
•train: ?? no… but u have SUBWAY: but it will be a mess cos u have to make a combination of lines and well it is kinda difficult to explain

if you can afford it I think it would be the best idea for you to take a cab 2 hours before the game…

Just be cool, cuz it is safe for u and ur girl and enjoy it!
:smiley:

>> As a fellow foreigner I advise you not to go to the popular. There is an internal rivalry between 2/3 groups of hardcore fans that struggle for power. A few weeks they fought in the popular.On top of that: there are some people on the popular that only go there to rob people (sad but true).
You’ll be way more comfortable with you girlfriend on the plateas. You get a better view on the game, the fans and won’t have to worry about your safety :).

Have fun!

i went to a huracan and Argentinos jrs. game like 2 years ago. and there wasnt any problems in la popular in huracan stadium? is river popular fans that bad?

Your from Brooklyn? I’m from Jersey but hanged out LOTS in Brooklyn! I spent my time in Bay Ridge / Sunset Park. You?

Look Emiliano, I don’t know how often “remi de nimega” attends to River’s games but as a River Plate fan since I went by the first time to River’s popular I can tell you that i’ve never felt really really in danger, not even that evening at velez’s stadium…
As I said to u in some pm… you have to take some extra care right now cos there is no safe place for tourist…
Try not to come too fashion(?) or too showy and that’s all…
But if we are ment to believe everything we watch on tv, I think, nobody would leave home, I don’t know if u know what I mean…

kisses

good luck and whatever u need, just make another thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey mate! We’ll be looking forward to have you in the stadium.
Though paqitas is right in the fact the popular is relatively safe nowadays, I’d suggest you to go to the plateas, for the same reasons remi de minega exposed before, but do not let this to act as a deterrent for your intentions of visiting “El Monumental”. Go to the plateas, you’ll spend an amazing time there with your gf, and you’ll be able to get a better vision of the game, what, in the end, is what really matters.
Hope to see you there.
Best wishes,

river´s popular fans are just like any fan, but the diference is that they sing all the time…the problem is that some groups of fans called “barras bravas” that are having an internal affair, and they fought in the las match, that was played in Liniers…that kind of tragic events are not usual in the club, but River is going throw a hard time , specially with the managers of the club, there´s a lot of corruption, and the problem with the “barras” are the consecuences…
i don´t think you´ll have problems if you go to the popular, i always go there and nothing ever happened…
i apologize …because my english y very poor…
bye

Boca, gay

I’ve been to every River game in the Monumental stadium in the Apertura 2007 (except against Colón). In two occasions I’ve been to the popular. I felt more comfortable in the Platea.

You can go with companies that take you to different stadiums and matches in argentina. You may ask at your hotel.

yo what part of Brooklyn i live in Rigdewood, QUeens, i also have a River flag and my dream is to take it to the Monumental and see it there hanging forever…if not i’ll take it with me to the tomb…

These trips are quite expensive and ar not worth their prize.

If you arrange everything yourself it’s WAY cheaper.

*Platea ticket: 60-90 pesos.
*2 Subte rides: 2 peso

these organized trips will cost you at least 200 pesos.

You can go into transport you be more comfortable. It is safest to a plate fences popular because it is dangerous. Greetings and stamina River

Que partido para ir a ver por primera vez eh…

Well exactly River`s fan are in the rank nº1 of the most violence fans.

I went to the san lorenzo game…libertadores game, everything went well spent like 200 pesos for transportation and tickets! i was drunk as hell! and i slipped and busted my ass ! going towards the bathroom!

-the worst match i’ve ever seen…:frowning:
-$200??? haha! they fucked you, to that match i spent like $12, but you know… argentinians like to rob turists :stuck_out_tongue:
-maybe somebody angry with the match pushed you:lol:

bye, keep writing please, i like writing in english