River's History

I’d have to say, in no particular order, that the best players I’ve seen are Enzo Francescoli, Daniel Passarella, Ariel Ortega Mascherano, and Beto Alonso… I’ve seen other great players that don’t reach the level of the ones I already mention, such as Saviola, Aimar, Salas, Gallardo, Cavenaghi, Belluschi, Demichelis, the list is too long…
Unfortunally I didn’t see cracks such as Labruna, DiStefano, Sivori, Walter Gomez or Jose Manuel Moreno (old timers consider him the best player who ever lived).

I’m only old enough to have seen Francescoli (the second time he played here) Salas, Crespo, Saviola, Ortega, Aimar, D’alessandro… and I consider them to be amazing players, yet those who are older often say that we missed out on the best things. Norberto Alonso may have been one of the best players to step on our field and (even though he performed great only at a local level) some say he could be compared with the best stages of Diego. Nowadays Ortega is one of those figures that sends shivers down our spines, and we hope Diego Buonanotte and a few other kids become that good (If they’re not sold first) X(

1)Moreno.
2)Labruna.
3)Pedernera.
4)Losteau.
5)Alfredo Distefano.
6)Amadeo Carrizo.
7)Enrique Omar Sivorí.
9)Daniel Passarella.
10)Walter Gomez.
11)Ermindo Onega(My father said it was a crack)
12)Pato Fillol
13)Norberto Alonso.
15)Enzo Francescoli.
16)Ariel Ortega.
17)Marcelo Gallardo.
18)Oscar pinino Mas.
19)Ramon Angel Diaz
20)Ricardo Rojas:twisted:
21)Marcelo Salas.
22)Javier Saviola.
23)Pablo Aimar.
24)Juan Pablo Sorín.
25)Javier Mascherano.
26)Sergio Angel Berti.
27)Matias Almeyda
28)H.Crespo
29)Andres D´alessandro
30)Fernando Cavenaghi

Very little difference among all.

The idols:

Angel Labruna
Norberto Alonso
Ramón Díaz
Enzo Francescolli

Other legends: Amadeo Carrizo, Adolfo Pedernera, Alfredo Di Stefano, el Charro Moreno, Enrique Sivori, Daniel Passarella, Reinaldo Merlo, Oscár Más, Ermindo Onega, Carlos Enrique, Ariel Ortega, Leonardo Astrada, Marcelo Salas, etc.

Cavenaghi for me.

His finishing was/is absolutely outstanding. I love that volleyed goal he scored against Huracan from Coudet’s pass in a 6-0 romp.

YouTube - Gol Cavenaghi River 6 - 0 Huracan

The River Pate’s best were Angel Amadeo Labruna and Jose Manuel Moreno, but Enzo was some of the best foreign players of the club

The best is Norberto Alonso

well, i am only 14 so…Enzo Francescoli

But I think that Norberto Alonso was the best player…

Angel Labruna was the bigger idol

I don´t have questions, that the best was and is Angel Labruna, the best of the best striker in all history of argentinian football:D

Im only fourteen so i havent seen much players, for me:

1-Ariel Ortega
2-Fernando Cavenaghi
3-Marcelo Gallardo
4-Javier Mascherano
5-Lucho Gonzáles
7-Rolfi Montenegro
8-Pipita Higuaín
9-Diego Buonanotte
10-Beluschi

it’s true , he was born in Uruguay

Son of the bitch :smiley:

The best players I saw in River are El Enzo, El Burrito Ortega and Mascherano…

Impresionante el nivel de ingles en el foro :twisted:

enzo francescoli, the prince

Norberto Alonso.

As I am only sixteen, I haven’t seen the greatest players, such as Carrizo, Muñoz, Moreno, Pedernera, Labruna, Lousteau, Bernabé, Di Stefano, Alonso, etc, etc.
From the ones I saw, I’d probably pick Francescoli (despite I was too young to enjoy him), Ortega, Aimar and Mascherano.

for me i choose constanzo… he was the best goalkeeper i ever seen…

Abreu.

Fave River Plate player - Javier Mascherano. Brilliant again yesterday as Liverpool destroyed Real Madrid. :slight_smile:

For the English speakers, check out this book:
Inverting the Pyramid: The History of Football…Amazon.co.uk: Jonathan Wilson: Books
There is an interetsing section on River Plate’s “La Maquina” of the 1940s.

?