River Plate VS Newell's Old Boys

I just wanted to let all of my English Speaking fans that River tied with Newell’s Old Boys on a 0-0 result.

It was a match that should have been won by Newell’s as they let many chances slip through their fingers but once again, Juan Pablo Carrizo became the star performer in River’s squad and saved many shots.

I’m not convinced that River should rely on Carrizo. He is a great goalkeeper but we need to score goals and win matches. I’m starting to get a horrible flashback from last year in which River tied so many matches, and these matches could have been wins.

Well, next Sunday, the 24th, River Plate face off with San Lorenzo and let me tell you that this match has become a Classic for a long time. With Andres D’Alessandro and Diego Placente facing their ex-club, how will the River fans receive them? We’ll find out next Sunday!

millocumbiero! :cool:

I just wanted to let all of my English Speaking fans that River tied with Newell’s Old Boys on a 0-0 result.

It was a match that should have been won by Newell’s as they let many chances slip through their fingers but once again, Juan Pablo Carrizo became the star performer in River’s squad and saved many shots.

I’m not convinced that River should rely on Carrizo. He is a great goalkeeper but we need to score goals and win matches. I’m starting to get a horrible flashback from last year in which River tied so many matches, and these matches could have been wins.

Well, next Sunday, the 24th, River Plate face off with San Lorenzo and let me tell you that this match has become a Classic for a long time. With Andres D’Alessandro and Diego Placente facing their ex-club, how will the River fans receive them? We’ll find out next Sunday!

millocumbiero! :cool:

O my God… Lost vs Nob? thats… bad very bad :frowning:

Should have been won by NOB? I don’t think so mate. Yes, Carrizo once again showed off, but I think we did have chances to score, particularly during the first half. Abreu’s shot at the very beginning; Falcao a few minutes later; Villagra’s shot hitting the post… Anyways, it’s far from being what we would expect out of River Plate… But let’s hope we’ll do better on Sunday.

Regarding CASLA, I think D’alessandro will be welcome at River Plate’s Monumental. I don’t know what to think about Placente. Perhaps the fans won’t even notice he’s there lol. I’m curious to see how Ramon is received!

Yeah I’m starting to get that horrible flashback once again… year after year. :mad:

River didn’t lose vs Nob!
Is not to bad the result :S

My bad…

I meant to say “It was a match that should have been won by River…”

It was a late night… :slight_smile:

A late and perhaps wild night? LOL… just kidding. Where in Florida do you live? I’ve heard of tornadoes touching down near Cape Cañaveral. Any damage to your place? I hope not.

Regards!

I live in Southwest Florida, 2 hours south from Tampa. Tornados did touch Cape Canaveral and it delayed all liftoffs. I hate that because you can see the shuttle going up in the sky from my house and I’m at least 200 miles away!

Well, I had a tornado rip through my parent’s house while we were having “un asado”. It was scary but it wasn’t the first time I experienced a tornado. While serving in the Air Force, I was stationed in TX and that was a daily thing.

• Perdon para los que no entienden! :smiley: