Baseball and Soccer.....Boston Red Sox and River Plate

My dad is german, my mom italian but she lived in Argentina, and moved to the US when I was only 5 years old, I’ve lived in New York, Boston and finally in Miami…
I grew up in New York and at the age of 13 I left to Boston, city I consider my home, and of course I am a RED SOX fan…my grandpa who raised me while my parents went to medical school was a huge River fan, and since I was young I developed a devotion for these two teams…the Boston Red Sox against the Yankees is like River Plate vs Boca…and one is white and red like river and the other is blue like boca, I despise the Yankees with the same passion I despise Boca, …
People say Boca is the most succesful team internationally, and almost everyone loves boca…it is the same with the yankees, everyone loves the yankees…
weird, but I think River and the Red Sox share alot of similarities, …it must be written on the stars…:wink:

My dad is german, my mom italian but she lived in Argentina, and moved to the US when I was only 5 years old, I’ve lived in New York, Boston and finally in Miami…
I grew up in New York and at the age of 13 I left to Boston, city I consider my home, and of course I am a RED SOX fan…my grandpa who raised me while my parents went to medical school was a huge River fan, and since I was young I developed a devotion for these two teams…the Boston Red Sox against the Yankees is like River Plate vs Boca…and one is white and red like river and the other is blue like boca, I despise the Yankees with the same passion I despise Boca, …
People say Boca is the most succesful team internationally, and almost everyone loves boca…it is the same with the yankees, everyone loves the yankees…
weird, but I think River and the Red Sox share alot of similarities, …it must be written on the stars…:wink:

jajajajaja Sorry but y like NY YANKEES and too RIVER PLATE… sorry but u know that we are best…

JAJAJA…none of you know who is the best not the Red Sox not the Yankees…THE METS ARE THE BEST…i hate the Yankees too…and i like Boston but i am a big Mets fan…i grew up watching the Mets and seeing them become champs in 86…same year as River…jajaja

jajaja nooooo best is NY YANKEES, u like football?

i don’t like football…but i am a Giants fan

Patriots all the way!, I liked the Mets when I lived in Forest Hills New York, but you know the Mets are like Racing, nobody hates them, except for Independiente hahaha…plus Red Sox are like River , you know 1st.they have the biggest stadium,
I’ve been in both Fenway and El Monumental, I feel the same atmosphere, (Fenway is way quieter though) recently they have had a winning streak against their rivals (yankees and boca), they both sold good players to their rivals and then the players became legends, (Batistuta and Babe Ruth) both wear Red and White, their first initial start with R…what else man!, if you are a River Plate fan you should be a Red Sox fan hahahaha…right

I remember an LOST’s episode when, talking about fate, someone, I think it was Jack, says “that’s why the Red Sox will never win the World Series,” :stuck_out_tongue:

Have they ever do it ?

[quote=“argon_1889, post:3, topic:55072”]

jajajajaja Sorry but y like NY YANKEES and too RIVER PLATE… sorry but u know that we are best…
[/QUOTE]Me too.

I lived 7 month in NJ. :smiley:

Haha, hey, I thought about those similarities too! I’ve never lived in Boston or New York, but I know a thing or two… I’ve been told the Red Sox had a dryspell not long ago, which fits our description as well… since not winning anything in 4 years is quite some time for River. If you ask me about why people have the impression that Boca is bigger my only answer would be: Hype and Publicity. But even though we hate seeing people have that mistaken notion, deep down we know that our history is a long one and before the last 11 years or so, people saw us that way, the same way they see Boca today, and once the charade comes to and end, that will happen again haha.
Great to hear about people like you!

River Plate and Red Sox are going to be always a unit (especially for Juan Pablo Angel :D:D)

jajajaja chicago bears+ny yankes+RIVER… SOOOOOO FAR

i don’t understand shit about baseball, it bores me… sometimes i see american soccer; althougth i like DC united i think american soccer is getting worser every day and there are clubs like NY red bulls that are a shame to soccer world. i heard that the most important classic is galaxy-chivas, that can’t even be a classic those arent even 15 years old teams and galaxy first copied river with that jersey that had a / like river and now copies bca( because of the coat of arms has the back blue and a yellow - like bca). Try to make a survey about how many americans prefer boca and how many prefer river. Convince everybody you know of being (¿hinchas?) of river.

bye :salut:

i didnt speak english!!!:smiley:

sorry, i didnt like baseball!!!..

good bye ,my friend!!!

jaja

i don t know anything about basebell. I don t like very much violent sports

you guys are all idiots!!! how can you say the red sox are like river plate? if anything the yankees are like river plate. you cant go by the colors of the uniforms!!! they are all different by the way. you have to look at the history of both teams. river has won 33 championships. the yankees have won 26. that is pretty close. look at the stadiums!! river has the biggest and best, and no stadium has the mistic of yankee stadium. Both the yankees and river are by far the most popular teams in thier countries. and both the yankees and river have the best fans!!! we are know as the millonarios and the yankees have and spend millions each year!!!

lets take a look at red sox and bosta.
both have little shitty stadiums!!!
both have pathetic ugly ass fans!!!
both have fewer championships!!!
both have ugly style of play!!!
both have less fans!!!

think about what you write before you write that. the only good thing about what you guys said was that you are river plate fans…now switch to yankee fans and you’ll be perfect. saludos boludos!!!

no me gusta el baseball

im sorry but I do not like the baseball

me too . Yankees is the true