Meeting Place Near River Stadium for Copa America Foreigner Fans?

Hi, I am a Canadian fan living in Mendoza. I have been to matches at River Stadium, but now I have to find a place for a lot of foreigners who do not know Nuñez or Belgrano to meet before the Final of the Copa America on July 24, and I do not know the neighbourhood that well.

Any suggestions for a bar/cafe/restaurant/kiosko-with-tables where we could arrange to meet:question: Preferably cheap beer and food, and as close to the south entrance as possible.

Many of us have tickets for the Popular Sivori. and anyone is welcome to join us.:question::mrgreen::question:

Hi, I am a Canadian fan living in Mendoza. I have been to matches at River Stadium, but now I have to find a place for a lot of foreigners who do not know Nuñez or Belgrano to meet before the Final of the Copa America on July 24, and I do not know the neighbourhood that well.

Any suggestions for a bar/cafe/restaurant/kiosko-with-tables where we could arrange to meet:question: Preferably cheap beer and food, and as close to the south entrance as possible.

Many of us have tickets for the Popular Sivori. and anyone is welcome to join us.:question::mrgreen::question:

McDonald’s
Av.Libertador 7112, Buenos Aires

500mts far from the stadium

Welcome aboard, man. There´s no bar near the Sivori access, but you can go to the bar/restaurant in the corner of Libertador Avenue and Udaondo Avenue. River Stadium is in Udaondo and Figeroa Alcorta Avenue, a few blocks away from the bar, walking downside Udaondo from the bar.

Sivori access isn’t the “south entrance”.

Mc?

Great response guys! So soon!

Never been in the Sivori Popular, so wasn´t sure, hard to tell from the diagram the directions.

Okay, thanks for the siuggestions. I assume McDonald´s doesnt have beer though, right?

“Soy de River, de River yo soy!!!”:mrgreen:

Not if they sell beer. I think not.

Beer is somewhat between 4 and 6 dolars the bottle in bars and restaurants. But, as you may know, we are proud of our kioskos we´re you can buy it for 3 or less dolars.:mrgreen:

:mrgreen::lol:

:lol::lol:

Well… maybe “jonathan bar” which is 3 blocks from the stadium between Lidoro Quinteros Street (the main street that leads to the stadium) and Rafael Hernandez street. It is not cheap … jejejeje

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Que bruto de mierda, puse we´re en lugar de where. :lol:

But if you want a good quality beer, you should go to a restaurant and not order Quilmes.

A bitch and a Hoe for my canadian bro…
Like they said, you should go to macdonalds to meet your friends and then hit a bar.

I’ve just sent a private message with a number of suggestions. I hope it’s useful.-

I can’t imagine a Boca’s fan that could be answer for you.:smiley:

Emililianno,

Thanks you for the messages.

If you could give me the name of an actual place to meet and exactly where it is, I would appreciate it, because the idea mainly is a place to meet and stay for a hour or so while people who are not familiar with Buenos Aires find their way there.

A bar in Canitas/Belgrano for example would be great, if you could suggest one that miught be open about 13:00 on the Sunday of the Final (the time is always the difficult thing too, as many places wil not be open).

I need specific directions there so the others won’t get lost.

Also, do you think there will be big chaos like there was for the Argentina-Canada Friendly las year? That was a shock after the more organized line-ups and approach of the River matches I went to. If it is that diorganized, we may want to wait at the stadium long before kickoff to make sure we get in by the warm-up practices, which to me is an essential part of the experience.

Any details and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave in Mendoza

Como es que vivis en Mendoza y no hablas ni mierda en castellano?

(How come that you´re living in Mendoza and you dont speak even a word in spanish?)

PD: me cagó, abrió el mismo thread en castellano :lol:

Sí, hablo español, bro. Tranquilo. Le escribo en esta sección del foro porque la gente tiende a dar respuestas más claras cuando se trata a los extranjeros en inglés. Ver el post que escribí en español en la sección general, y ver cómo muchas respuestas menos hay…es la prueba.:stuck_out_tongue: