Going to a river game

hola todos.

I’m a very big River fan from Israel. I’ll be coming to Buenos Aires on March and I’d like to see a River game, of course.

I’d really like to watch from the Popular and see the game like the real fans do, but i heard it’s a little dangerous for someone who isn’t local. is this true?. and also, if i do go to the Popular i’d like to snap some photos cuz it’s a one in a life time experience. would i get robbed of my camera or something like that?. it’s hard to tell whether all the stories you hear are true or not, so it would be nice if someone from Argentina could tell me.

Aguante River loco :slight_smile:

hola todos.

I’m a very big River fan from Israel. I’ll be coming to Buenos Aires on March and I’d like to see a River game, of course.

I’d really like to watch from the Popular and see the game like the real fans do, but i heard it’s a little dangerous for someone who isn’t local. is this true?. and also, if i do go to the Popular i’d like to snap some photos cuz it’s a one in a life time experience. would i get robbed of my camera or something like that?. it’s hard to tell whether all the stories you hear are true or not, so it would be nice if someone from Argentina could tell me.

Aguante River loco :slight_smile:

send us a pic from you, and we’ll let you know if it would be dangerous or not;)

he is telling the truth.

i suggest you to go to Platea San Martin Alta, because it is more safety for you, and you can live the match near the popular. in Belgrano Alta son todos amargos:mrgreen:

I agree with Andy, the view from the San Martin platform is the best and there you are not going to have any problem with the camera if you want to take some photo… on the other hand if you are really interested in feeling the adrenaline of watching the game in the popular platform, just be careful and nothing is going to happen :mrgreen:

except if you start singing “guuuuuuustavooo ooooooo gustavo oooooo gustavo cabral”

In this case you just have to say that you are friend of RIVER GLORIOSO 2 and you will be safe…

ok thanks for the advice people. it was very helpful. i guess i will decide once i’m in BA where to sit. i think if i will be careful i could probably sit in the popular without major problems. i have decent spanish and i know most of the songs by heart. the only downside is that when your sitting so far away the players look like ants jaja. what’s the difference in cost between San Martin and the Popular?

saludos

The ticket for popular is around $30 (9 USD) and for San Martin $80 (25 USD)… Sivori baja is other platform and it’s the midpoint between Popular and San Martin… maybe the view its not the best but is the most similar to popular with serene people, the ticket in this case is around $60 (18 USD) :D. If you are coming for an important match maybe you are not going to find tickets for popular…

popular is about 9 dollars, and san martin alta is about 21 dollars.
if you go to the popular, you can’t sit during the match.
i think it wouldn’t be any problem if you go to the popular, but i suggest you to go to san martin alta.

Shalom ;). I’ve a brother living in jerusalem, he’s called Dani, maybe you know who is him. I have an aunt and a uncle living in Beer Sheva.

entre a su facebook

[b]Neria Smith[/b] River 3-1 Boca. Chupa pija bosteros putos

:lol::lol:
un idolo

auch!!! yo le pedí una fotingi pensando q era mujer…

= hombre.

I dont really care if i sit or not. i like cheering and jumping just like i do here for my own team. but if i decide not to sit in the popular i think i’ll choose a place where i can actually see the game cuz there doesnt seem to be much difference in the price.

there are alot of people named dani in this city maestro. but maybe i’ve seen him and didnt know it ;).

You wont have any trouble going to the popular i’ve been to the popular with my camera and there is no problem.

if you want you can pm me when you are comming and i can help you.

i’ve taken foreigners to a game before.

Jajajajaja los muchachos no perdonan una eh!

Hey what’s up? My humble suggestion is that you should go to Popular. I bet there won’t be much trouble as long as you behave.
Prices, as said before, are affordable for foreigners (not as much for us)
If you’re coming and there’s an important match ahead, you could contact any of the boys here (including myself) and we may help you out getting the tickets in advance (most important games turn out to be “sold-out”, regarding to Popular Tickets).
Tour agencies will try to fool you by selling extremely expensive services. Do not trust them.
Last but not least, if there’s any way we can be helpful, pm any of us.

Cheers!

Thanks for the help. i’m really looking forward to coming to argentina and seeing a game. I hope i will be able to be in Argentina in time for superclasico. but it’s probably impossible for someone who isn’t a member to get tickets for that, right?.
I understand the game will be in la Bostonera this time :P. but any game will do. everyone tells me i should go see a Boca game, but because River is considered the rich people’s team and all that. but i dont care about that, River has much better fans and i hate boca’s colors anyway lol.

about the tickets I understood that you can purchase them a day or two before the game at the stadium. no need for some fuckin’ agency to charge me 100 pesos more that what it would really cost.

That’s the point and thank you for clearing it up!

By the way, do you think it’s safe to watch a game from the popular? I think that it’s the best way to experience the real feeling of argentinian fans but on the other hand i read many posts saying that it could be quit dangerous. I’m just asking, because i already know that the day i’m going to come to Argentina i’ll never think about leaving without having seen a game from the popular. :mrgreen:

Sorry RiverVosSosMiLocura if i took advantage of your post. :wink: